Texts of all sorts, written in sentences. Mostly not long.

Friday, January 13, 2006

En-dessous

The other day was the first time that I went to Calvary Baptist in Chemainus. I had never even seen the bus before, which was of sad, but it allowed for more excitement. As we were driving up to the church, the snow on the mountains became so obviously beautiful that i knew it was going to be a good day. Church there wasn't just church. It was me with Jesus and other people with Jesus. This was sort of a new way of going about church for me. So i had an "experience" with Jesus that was rather joyful for me. Before communion i usually bring my sins before God so that i feel right and can partake in the communion. But that day I had this special revelation. I realized that I was always making myself to good toaccept grace. "I am not as bad as that guy, i would never do the things that they would do" That's the way i used to think. But i really had to humble myself and accept it on the basis that i need it as much as anybody else does. So when i brought myself to Jesus, He accepted me and i accepted Him. And there was love. Jesus loves me even when I'm full of sin, He loves me perfectly no matter what. I guess i didn't accept that before.

My next thing is more practical. Think this "You believe what you walk". If i believe that, then i pretty much believe nothing, because my walk is not in what it should believe. So this is more profound then i knew. I realized that my walk was void of Jesus and that I should be telling other people about Him. I don't mean you always have to be speaking to other people, although that I hope to do, it can be just by actions or other people seeing how you live. But it can be hard to do this if you don't know who Jesus is. So then it made sense, sort "full circle". Love. The greatest commandment is love. Everything about Him is love. So my walk should be about love, and that love should come from Jesus. Let me tell you something, this feels good. I feel like i have a purpose no matter what is happening. I can love. Like no matter where God sends me or what He has me do i can love. If i love I will fulfill all the commandments how awesome is that. But love doesn't originate from nothing. Like I said before, it comes from Jesus. I realized that Jesus is always waiting for me. I picture him at a rainy bus stop, I keep riding round and around, and round and around, till one day I realized that there is this guy waiting for me at the bus stop. Who doesn't want someone to be waiting for them, especially when
it's Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home